Friday 22 April 2011

Experiments with Death

I was riding my Splendor with the usual 45 kmph speed through the city. I thought somebody called me from the roadside, some friend yelling my name. I looked behind on the Footpath. Suddenly a bus comes speeding from left and BANG!!!!

I feel the blood coming off my head. The hot fluid rushing out of my brain spreads over the road. The pain of the broken spine is unbearable. My vision is blurring. I cannot move a bit. My hand is trembling. And then everything goes dark, Forever....


This was just one of my "Gedanken Experiments" (Thought Experiment) about my own death. I was asked many times "Do you Fear DEATH?" and my answer was always "NO I don't". They kept saying "You are bluffing, When you will actually see death, you will be damn frightened". I say Go To Hell.

Another example of such Thought Experiment.

I am trying to climb a difficult part of a cliff. I try to traverse it from the left. Suddenly the rock I am standing on breaks into small pieces. I am put off balance. I try to catch the cliff but in vain. I go down skidding, bumping the almost vertical cliff and hit the ground very hard. End of the Game.



Now a very interesting question comes forward. Why to do this? The First quickest answer that comes to my mind is Because It is Fun. But it is the least Important. The most important is the analysis of the Aftermath of the situation i.e. What will happen if this happens? If I die, how will people react?
Use your imagination here. being a physics student I am used to such problems. You are given a situation. Put the parameters in there and try simulation. Here parameters being Nature and Behavior of the nearest persons in your life or the ones you want to test.

For example
1. If I die with a road accident, how will my friends react. What will others say? "He was always a rash driver", "Too careless" etc or may be something else? Left for the reader as an exercise :-)

Similarly experimenting the death of your nearest people helps a lot. How will be your life if one of your parents dies? "Have you gone Mad Mr. Borkar?" okay lets face it. Everybody who is born is certainly going to die. BY this rule You, Your Parents, Your Siblings, Your Partner, Your kids, Your Friends, everybody is going to die. So simulating such situation helps you a lot.

Try it. For example if one of your sibling dies. How will that change your life? Again put the parameters in and simulate. You will see different people reacting differently. And it helps a lot in determining the course of your life.

Now if you think I am mad, Thank you. :-)

2 comments:

  1. Brave,sensible and appealing as an experiment.I have tried in a different facet of life though-daily situations.And that way you can make people behave the way you want them to.Will not reveal the mix because I don't want people trying the same in vain.Tula kalla aselach ashi khatri ahe.Great job.. \m/,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot.

    about "And that way you can make people behave the way you want them to." that is a strategy I don't talk aloud :-)

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews